Face mask is very nourishing. After applying a facial mask, you will feel fresh and people will notice your much younger looking face.
- Always test the mask, particularly if you have a sensitive skin. Apply a small amount behind your ear or inside of the elbow, wait for at least 30 minutes, then wash off. If there is no adverse reaction in the next 24 hours, then only apply the mask on your face.
- Rinse mask thoroughly with warm water followed with cold water.
- Don't apply masks more than twice a week.
- When applying a face mask, you should try to avoid area around your eyes and lips.
- Vary the ingredients to see their effects on your skin.
- If you have combination skin, you may apply a mud mask only over the T-zone, i.e. the center of cheeks, nose, center of forehead. and chin.
How to Use a Facial Mask
- Take a small amount of the mask on the tips of your fingers and apply it over your face and neck using a circular motion of your fingers. Start with your chin, move upwards and then outwards.
- Spread a thin and even coating.
- Leave mask to dry for at least 30 minutes. Do not use a dryer to dry it. Let it for air dry. You will feel as if your skin has tightened when the mask is dry.
- Splash water on your face and give gentle massage strokes on your face to remove the mask.
- Gel mask: Peel off from the forehead moving down.
- Mud mask: Dip a cloth in hot water and use it to remove the mask slowly. Pat face dry with a towel.
- Moisturizing or replenishing mask: Wipe off with a soft tissue paper.
Cleaning of face before applying a face mask
- Splash cold water on your face.
- Massage vitamin E on your face while your face is still damp (not wet). Remove the oil from the face using a mild soap after 5 minutes.
- Again splash your face with water at room temperate. Let your face dry naturally.
Note: You can do the above face cleaning daily even if you are not applying a facial mask.